Important Course Details 重要课程信息
You should bring the following: 参加课程请携带以下物品
Swimming outfit & towel 泳衣 & 毛巾
Pen & notebook 笔 & 本
Water Bottle 水杯
AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety™ (TSW)）
Use your passion for swimming and water safety to start a career that makes a difference to our communities. An AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety has an influential role that engages and interacts with students (4 years – adults) leading skills and drills that provide knowledge, skill and understanding in water safety and swimming in pools and confined natural shallow water venues.
The AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water has both Vocational Education and Training requirements and non-accredited training requirements which have been designed and set by AUSTSWIM.
AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety Accreditation is valid for three years.
You may enrol in an AUSTSWIM course at 16 years of age but are not eligible to receive the AUSTSWIM accreditation until they are 17 years of age.
You are required to have a reasonable level of fitness and swimming ability to perform the required aquatic skills.
You are required to have access to a computer and the internet to access the online modules outside of face to face training.
Course Delivery 课程简介
This interactive course is delivered in a blended format.
It requires attendance at a face to face training session over two full days. It also requires the completion of an online interactive component. Candidates are also required to complete supervised industry training in a swim teaching environment with a range of teaching conditions.
The course consists of theory and practical components:
1. Theory component - topics may be offered through classroom attendance or selected topics via AUSTSWIM’s e-learning centre.
2. Practical component - involves swimming activities that may be carried out in shallow or deep water. (50m Freestyle, 50m backstroke/survival backstroke, submerge to 1m depth)
Candidates have 12 months to complete their training for all AUSTSWIM courses unless otherwise stated. This means the completion and submission of all assessments within 12 months of commencing.
Course Content 课程内容
1. Introduction - an overview of AUSTSWIM and the aquatic industry
2. Plan, deliver and review a lesson
3. How people learn
4. Being an effective teacher
5. Principles of movement in water
6. Aquatic safety, survival and rescue skills
7. Water familiarisation, buoyancy and mobility
8. Teaching safer diving skills
9. Towards efficient stroke development
To get your AUSTSWIM accreditation, the following additional requirements need to be submitted;
Complete the Teacher Declaration by agreeing to abide by the AUSTSWIM Code of Conduct.
Complete a brief online course evaluation
Provide evidence of holding a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) statement of attainment. For further information on CPR requirements please click here.
Submit an endorsed photo for AUSTSWIM Teacher Licence.
同意遵守 AUSTSWIM 行为准则及教师声明